[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 27-Oct-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Fri Oct 29 21:18:12 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
27-Oct-21

All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  a bunch    https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:merged
          New method for commit message:  add (pick) in the title for reviews that need to be cherrypicked into the 5.0 branch.

All -- bug status -- 12 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
Query for LP that are tagged for docs:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
Use caution when working on LP, especially if seems related to WR (like wr-openstack issue).

Status/questions/opens

Elections coming next week
  How elections work here: https://docs.starlingx.io/election/
  Election repository: https://review.opendev.org/q/starlingx/election

Ron discussed this review: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/814414
  Gerrit review about locking the versions - this was on hold to confirm no other issues.
  After it's merged, you can refresh by deleting your local .tox directory and it will pick up the change.

We discussed using this meeting for training for new team members (LP, doing reviews, submitting docs, etc.)
   In PTG session last week, Ildiko requested we ping her when we have a target date and she will put an announcement on social media about it. Need a week or so notice.
   Primary focus is to go over the review workflow for developers and testers.
   Secondary focus is for folks who want to contribute their own RST files (not as many folks will be interested).

Next steps:  plan the agenda (what do we want to cover), create the material/slides, create example reviews for practicing, pick dates, communicate.
Goal is to do this before the end of the year - aim for mid-November. 3 weeks from today is Nov 17th (avoids US Thanksgiving).
Dedicate next week's meeting to creating slides.

What does it look like when you're tagged to participate in a review - show the interface - show the comments
Workflow:
     gerrit review is created, assigned to a prime, prime may delegate someone else on their team as a reviewer.
     After Greg has +2 and prime has +1, then it's time for validation to test/approve, then they need to +1. ONLY then do we +2/merge
General tips on how to comment - how to add a comment - move between patch sets to see changes - how to see the zuul output (docs view) - must add comment to save your comments.
Explain the back and forth within gerrit
After merging then there are no more changes, open a LP if further comments - click the bug button.