[Starlingx-discuss] valid guide for building a 4.x

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Thu Sep 9 18:13:10 UTC 2021

curious ...
https://docs.starlingx.io/developer_resources/build_guide.html isn't
offering 4.0 under the 'version' button

The version appropriate build guide is available from the path ...

cgcs-root/stx/docs/doc/source/developer_resources/build_guide.rst

Some commands and paths were changed ... e.g.
generate-cgcs-centos-repo.sh in 4.0 became generate-centos-repo.sh in
5.0 ... other wise the steps are largely the same.

There might be a few pitfalls with python 2.7 support being dropped from
upsteam tools since that release.  Please raise a launchpad if you
encounter a problem.

Scott