[Starlingx-discuss] Openstack image upload failed with evicted pods

open infra openinfradn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 05:33:22 UTC 2021

Hi Thiago,

I have increased both docker (150GB) and kublet (25GB) size in both
controllers while working on this issue. And also increase the ceph mon
size. [0].
https://paste.opendev.org/show/809328/
Disk usage of kubelet controller-0: [1] and controller-1: [2]
Disk usage of controller-0 [3] and controller-1 [4].

There were couple of pods failed with the following error and few failed
with DiskPressure [7][8][9].

The node was low on resource: ephemeral-storage. Container horizon was
using 19361853, which exceeds its request of 0. [5][6]

I was able to upload the image after increasing kubelet size to 50GB.

[0] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809328/
[1] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809325/
[2] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809324/
[3] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809326/
[4] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809323/

[5] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809320/
[6] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809319/
[7] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809318/
[8] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809321/
[9] https://paste.opendev.org/show/809322/

I have created a LP as at least the stx documentation should advice to
increase the kubelet size.
The documentation suggest to increase docker size set to 60GB instead of
default 30GB.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1943674

Regards,
Danishka