[Starlingx-discuss] stx 6.0 aio mellenox connectX 40GB dual card

Embedded Devel lists at optimcloud.com
Wed Apr 6 04:40:16 UTC 2022

welp further tho the stx 5.0.1 vs 6.0 with mellanox drivers, 5.0.1 wount
even install on the Dell C6620 where 6.0 installs fine
also stx 5.0.1 doesnt have kernel 5.x, where 6.0 does

so now i have to ask, who do i have to pay to get a stx 6.0 with  Mellanox
OFED v5.1, and not OFED 5.3, this basically rendered 10K in hardware
useless for us.

as we cant seem to get supported OFED v5.1, we installed 6.x and tried top
downgrade... and we cant build it for the kernel on the box from sources no
dev environment / compiler

HELP!

On Wednesday 06 April 2022 10:49:59 AM (+07:00), Embedded Devel wrote:

 > So if im hearing you correctly, i can try to use stx 5.0.1, which i hope
has wireguard support, like 6.0 does, and then i guess it also prevents me
from ever upgrading to 6.0

 > On Monday 28 March 2022 21:37:47 PM (+07:00), M. Vefa Bicakci wrote:
 >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > StarlingX 5.0.1 release has Mellanox OFED v5.1, and I just checked
that the RPM file linked below indeed has the mlx4* kernel modules, so I
believe that StarlingX 5.0.1 ought to work with Mellanox ConnectX-3 cards:

http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/5.0.1/centos/distro/outputs/RPMS/std/mlnx-ofa_kernel-modules-5.0-OFED.5.0.2.1.8.1.g5f67178.tis.2.x86_64.rpm

 > > It could be possible to adapt Mellanox OFED v4.9 to StarlingX 6.0, but
I am not aware of anyone who has tried this, so it is difficult for me
comment with certainty.

 > > Thank you,
 > >
 > > Vefa
 > >
 > > On 2022-03-26 22:12, Embedded Devel wrote:
 > > > So if updated in 6.0, will stx 5.0 work with them ? or is it
possible to build stx 6.0 customized with 4.9

to version 5.3. According to the following link, nVidia/Mellanox has
stopped supporting ConnectX-3 cards such as the one you have (MCX384A)
since driver version v5.1:

https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/display/MLNXOFEDv512620/Release+Notes

continues to support ConnectX-3 cards. StarlingX supports only the latest
version of the Mellanox OFED drivers. Hence, StarlingX no longer ships with
a version of the drivers that support ConnectX-3 cards.

mlx5 driver, as indicated here:

https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/display/MLNXOFEDv494080/Introduction

booting and logging into the system i dont see the mellanox connectX 40Gb
interfaces i also dont see a mlx5_en kernel module to load

Network Card MCX384A-BCAA 3CYRK