[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Marketing meeting minutes

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 02:10:42 UTC 2022

Hi StarlingX community,

We’ve had a great discussion today at the StarlingX Marketing Team call, below please find the highlights of our conversation.

The team felt that it is time to revisit its mission and goals to ensure that it operates efficiently and performs the tasks that support StarlingX the best from a marketing point of view.

We discussed aims, goals and requirements towards marketing related activities and what the team thinks would be most valuable for the StarlingX project.

We settled on the following mission:

Achieve global awareness of the StarlingX project among organizations and individuals who design, build, operate or seek for infrastructure:
	• Perception of the project: StarlingX is seen as a de-facto standard open source cloud infrastructure for edge computing and IoT applications and workloads.
	• Awareness extends to companies, organizations and individuals understanding what challenges the project is providing a solution for, how and where it can be utilized and why it is better/different than other projects in the edge computing infrastructure space.

On the next call we will discuss what the mission translates to when it comes to setting long term goals as well as goals that the team would like to achieve during 2022. We will also discuss the scope of our activities and metrics to be able to measure the success and impact of our activities.

Due to a conflict for one of the key contributors to the team we are holding the next Marketing Team call next Tuesday (February 22) at 12pm PT / 2pm CT / 2000 UTC.

For detailed notes and meeting details please see the following etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/2019_StarlingX_Marketing_Plans

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———