[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 16-Feb-22

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Feb 16 23:10:53 UTC 2022

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
16-Feb-22
All -- reviews merged since last meeting: 6  https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:merged

WIP reviews:
  Max supported subclouds: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/828788
  Ron will update the review to also remove the sentence from
 https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r6_release/distributed_cloud/index-install-r6-distcloud-46f4880ec78b.html

Cherry pick discussion [add to regular agenda]

All -- bug status -- 9 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
Plan for next week - AR Mary triage the old LP to see which have been addressed or are ancient/invalid.

Status/questions/opens

This review merged but the promote job failed: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/829130
Since it is a cherry pick, we tried that to see if we can restart the promote job. The CPs didn't finish before meeting ended.
   R5 cherry pick: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/829446
   R6 cherry pick: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/829447

   After the meeting...
   Mary took a closer look at the review that failed promotion (https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/829130).
   The cherry picks have merged & been promoted but it doesn’t look like the changes on master branch got promoted like we’d hoped.
   Looked at the same file in 3 branches, it shows that the master branch still does not have the change we want.
      master:  https://docs.starlingx.io/dist_cloud/kubernetes/rehoming-a-subcloud.html  scroll down to the end to see “Contact Wind River Support” ☹
      R5 branch:  https://docs.starlingx.io/r/stx.5.0/dist_cloud/kubernetes/rehoming-a-subcloud.html  looks good
      R6 branch: https://docs.starlingx.io/r/stx.6.0/dist_cloud/kubernetes/rehoming-a-subcloud.html   also looks good

Cherrypicking - discussing methods for staying on top of when this needs to happen. Add to each week.
   Tricky when branch is closed for tagging and then it reopens.
   Review authors can keep an eye out.

Demo of QA checks? Wait till next week since we're all swamped.

StarlingX Doc Admin Etherpad template/theme section is updated: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-doc-admin

Mary upcoming time off - next Thurs-Tues. (24 Feb - 1 Mar)