[Starlingx-discuss] docker vs cri-o / centos vs alma / silverblue / coreos

Embedded Devel lists at optimcloud.com
Tue Jun 28 09:01:02 UTC 2022

can i ask if there is a plan to remove docker moving forward in favor of
cri-o?
as we know k8s 1.24.+ drops docker support unless using the docker-shim

preferably we have already tested and run k8s / openstack-helm via crio so
we know it works
curious how this applies to starlingx V7 and higher?

further to that are there plans aside from CentOS to move the rpm base to
say Alma or CoreOS or Silverblue even. (both are ostree based)
as Ive seen the debian build deploying with ostree onboard? or is the plan
to drop rpm
based distros long term and just run with debian ?

We have deployed magmacore on stx 6.0 and are in the process of upgrading
the infrastructure.

My curiosities exists as whats the starling X impact going to be long term,
as I would like to put all my eggs in this basket.

Sent with Vivaldi Mail. Download Vivaldi for free at vivaldi.com