[Starlingx-discuss] Election Official open seat - VOLUNTEER NEEDED

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:21:38 UTC 2022

Hi,

I’m reaching out to you about an open position in the election officials’ group[1] in StarlingX.

The size of this team is usually 3 people to ensure that we have enough review bandwidth during the two election periods each year. As Bill Zvonar is no longer active in the community, his seat as election official needs to be filled as well, therefore we are looking for one volunteer from the community.

The duties of an election official are seasonal. The list of activities include:
* Prepare the list of eligible candidates and electorate for the TSC and PL/TL (when applicable) elections
* Keep the election website up to date with the dates and details of the upcoming elections
* Prepare and send out emails about the election timeline and steps
* Review the nominations in Gerrit during the nomination period of the election
* Set up and start the voting in CIVS (when needed)
* Check the results with the current active TSC members and communicate the outcome to the community

If you are interested in volunteering to become an election official or if you have any questions please reply to this thread or reach out to me.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://docs.starlingx.io/election/#election-officials