[Starlingx-discuss] multi-node AIO / PXE booting

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:06:49 UTC 2022

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 6:48 PM Pratik M. <pvmpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 4:01 PM Outback Dingo <outbackdingo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > can i deploy a duplex aio on 2-3 nodes? and worker/storage on 4 nodes
>
> Duplex AIO = Controller (and storage and workers) on 2 nodes. There is no 3-controller option in StarlingX. So typically you would get 2 controllers and 6 workers. Pl. see:
> https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy/index-deploy-da06a98b83b1.html

so never more then 2 controllers.... i can pxe boot and manually add
all hosts from a central pxe server, since we cant use stx 169.254,
due to bonds and vlans.
that leaves me with what do i do for storage can a compute node be a
storage node, as in all 6 nodes being compute/storage (ceph), what
about controller-0 storage... meaning none except for boot drives.

ie...
control-1 2x128Gb boot ssd, 1 x 1TB, document states i need 2 500gb + drives
control-2 2x128Gb boot ssd, 1 x 1TB, document states i need 2 500gb + drives
compute-1 1x1TB boot drive, and 8x3.8TB drives
compute-2 1x1TB boot drive, and 8x3.8TB drives
compute-3 1x1TB boot drive, and 8x3.8TB drives
compute-4 1x1TB boot drive, and 8x3.8TB drives
compute-5 1x1TB boot drive, and 8x3.8TB drives
compute-6 1x1TB boot drive, and 8x3.8TB drives

not sure this scenerio is even viable without
controller-0/controller-1 having 0 ceph storage, as it would then all
be on the nodes