[Starlingx-discuss] Launchpad status not updating automatically

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 3 19:47:39 UTC 2023

On 2023-08-03 14:14:41 -0400 (-0400), Scott.Little wrote:
> I think there is still an issue
>
> The merger of https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/890427
>
> failed to update https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2029499
[...]

It looks like the hook scripts are once again commenting on the
indicated bug report when the change is proposed or merged. It
doesn't appear to have updated the bugtask's status from new to
in-progress or fix-released, but I see other bugs[*] where it did
successfully change a bugtask status.

Looking at the examples and the source code[**] for the script, I
think what you're going to find is that if the branch name for the
change doesn't contain a "/" then the hook assumes the default
project bugtask is what should have its status updated. If it finds
a "/" in the branch name then it looks for a specific bugtask for a
series ending in a substring that matches whatever comes after that.
So in the case of change 890427 for the r/stx.7.0 branch of the
starlingx/tools project it's going to check the linked bug 2029499
to see if it has a bugtask for a series whose name ends in "stx.7.0"
and then update its status to in-progress or fix-released as
appropriate. If 890427 had been for the "master" branch of
starlingx/tools, then I think it would have adjusted the status of
the default bugtask on 2029499.

If we need to carve out some exceptions or additional per-project
configurable behaviors (within reason), I'm sure it can be
accommodated, just let me know.

[*] https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2029425
[**] https://opendev.org/opendev/jeepyb/src/commit/8fd3fda/jeepyb/cmd/update_bug.py#L178-L199
--