[Starlingx-discuss] User feedback and questions

Bruno Drugowick Muniz Bruno.Muniz at encora.com
Tue Aug 8 22:49:34 UTC 2023

Hi, Ildikó and StarlingX Community.

I'll add my 2 cents regarding their feedback.

>    - The networking setup has been hard to figure out for StarlingX, they found that it's not very well documented.
>    + Is it in the roadmap to document the networking setup for StarlingX with more details?

Regarding the above, the Docs team recently discussed a problem with the Virtual guides being outdated when compared to the bare metal guides. If someone was following the Virtual guides, it could partially account for their confusion. This problem is being tracked as a bug and it's actively being discussed in the Docs team meetings. While I don't represent the Docs team, I participated in the discussion, and I'm assigned to this bug while awaiting the resolution of other blocking factors. The bug in question can be found here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2028272.

Therefore, even though there might be additional problems not covered by this bug, addressing the concern with the Virtual guides is indeed part of the community's plan.

Regarding the query below:

>    + Would it be possible to automate the creation of networks for the platform? Especially for the virtual deployment option, since that is most commonly deployed by new users, who are evaluating the platform.

I'm not sure I fully understand what exactly they meant by "automate the creation of networks for the platform". Could we gather more specific details on this?

Regards,
--
Bruno.