[Starlingx-discuss] DockerHub rate limit issues

Scott.Little scott.little at eng.windriver.com
Thu Aug 17 14:47:23 UTC 2023

Here is a sample from a failed build ...

docker build . --no-cache ...
Sending build context to Docker daemon  37.68MB

Step 1/9 :FROMgolang:1.19
toomanyrequests: You have reached your pull rate limit. You may increase the limit by authenticating andupgrading:https://www.docker.com/increase-rate-limit
make: *** [builder-build] Error 1

One thing to note, It's pulls from within our build container that hits
the problem.  We don't see it when pulling from bare metal hardware.

I've tried raising the issue with the docker community here ...

https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/46092#issuecomment-1654243988

https://forums.docker.com/t/inconsistent-behaviour-of-docker-pull-rate-limit/136896/2

We seem to be avoiding the rate limit by using docker login. Formal
StarlingX builds are using a couple of service accounts. Designers were
asked establish there own personal accounts with dockerhub.

Scott