[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - Aug 16/2023

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Mon Aug 21 00:53:54 UTC 2023

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

Release Team Meeting - Aug 16 2023

stx.9.0
- Release/Feature Planning: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTjYzUkExodfayt-rjTv466jE-DP8b_YjrTHhXW6G9w/edit?usp=sharing
- Upcoming Release Milestones
      - Milestone-3: Aug 23
      - Feature Status
            - Not getting up-to-date feature updates from the various primes
                - Action: Ghada to send an email to the mailing list highlighing that MS-3 is coming up and that we need the feature info to make the decision.
            - Once this data is available, review the status with the steering committee and decide on next steps:
                - Do we re-forecast MS-3 or move forward with it with the current content?
                - Are there must-have features that we need to delay the release for?
            - Feature Status/Risks
                - Openstack Rebase to Antelope is at risk of delivery within the stx.9.0 release timeframe
                    - Development was delayed due to multiple issues. Currently doing development on an experimental branch.
                    - Merging back to the main branch is a large effort. Estimate is not fully understood.
                    - This will require feature size work for the build team as well
                    - Action: Thales bring this topic to the TSC on Aug 23. Also suggested to send an email with this topic to the mailing list prior to the meeting.
      - Release Verification Status
            - Individual feature testing is progressing.
            - As per Rob Cooke (Test PL), release regression is at risk due to resourcing
            - Need to get a better view of the release content to better assess the verification status.

Blogs
- FEC Device Configurability (fec-operator Integration) for ACC100 & N3000
      - Prime: Balendu (Mouli) Burla
      - Forecast: May 1 >> May 19 >> Aug 15