[Starlingx-discuss] DockerHub OSS Program application - ACTION NEEDED

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openinfra.dev
Thu Aug 31 22:35:30 UTC 2023

Hi,

Thanks Greg.

Please be aware of the 3-week window that they specified as the time might be needed for this to go through their system.

__Documentation REQUIREMENT__

I also got a separate email to remind our community that it is a requirement to add documentation to the repos on DockerHub:

“However, all the repositories under the starlingx namespace (https://hub.docker.com/u/starlingx) lack adequate documentation which is a requirement (https://www.docker.com/community/open-source/application/#:~:text=Qualification%20Criteria) of the Docker-Sponsored Open Source program.

We kindly ask you to update the documentation for your repositories within 2 working weeks. Please keep in mind that failure to provide the necessary updates may result in the de-provisioning of your benefits."

I received the email on August 30, which makes the deadline __September 13__.

I added a short description and a very high-level and generic text about StarlingX, including links to docs and how to contribute, to every repo under the ’starlingx’ DockerHub organization. I, however, do not have enough knowledge to describe the images that are in the various repos and cannot fill out the overview docs with that information.

Please extend the repo overview docs to meet the recommendations that can be found here: https://docs.docker.com/docker-hub/repos/create/?_gl=1*xor6rh*_ga*ODMwOTI5NzE5LjE2OTIxOTYzNzQ.*_ga_XJWPQMJYHQ*MTY5MzUyMTA2Ni4xNS4xLjE2OTM1MjEwNjkuNTcuMC4w#add-a-repository-overview

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———

Ildikó Váncsa