[Starlingx-discuss] Vulnerability Management guidelines - improving visibility

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openinfra.dev
Wed Jul 12 22:35:14 UTC 2023

Hi Greg,

Thank you for sharing that pointer.

There are multiple aspects to security and vulnerability related features, activities and actions. The documentation website mainly covers the features in the platform. In addition, the page that you shared also talks about the CVE scan process and briefly mentions the security team.

I think it is great to have documentation available about the CVE scans. At the same time, the placement of the link to the page makes it a little hidden in the list of related features in the platform. The page also says that “the master development branch of StarlingX is scanned for CVEs” and does not say anything about Kubernetes in particular, however, it is listed under a Kubernetes section. Is there a specific reason for that?

I think it would be great to separate the features from the activities, including what users can do if they identify a vulnerability issue. And make that information much more visible and easy to find. We can also add the CVE scan related information there. What do you think?

Thanks,
Ildikó

———

Ildikó Váncsa