[Starlingx-discuss] Packet Mirroring Capability on Stx

Venkata Ramana Veldanda Venkata.Veldanda at radisys.com
Fri Jul 21 04:07:42 UTC 2023

Hello Team,

In a std k8s environment on an open source linux, we were able to perform packet mirroring on a mirrored VF by configuring ingress & egress in the respective PCI device files. However, it appears that on some of the NICs like E810 (CVL) this support doesn't seem to be available. The main reason we were attempting this to avoid tracing directly a dpdk fastpkt interface (either on fronthaul or midhual) was to mirror the VF device and capture through wireshark on the mirrored interface.

However, the question is does StarlingX provide any in-house tool to capture the packets for the above requirement irrespective of the NIC model etc?.

Regards,
Venkata Veldanda