[Starlingx-discuss] If starlingx 8.0 support Nvidia gpu-operator

aqan_bj at sina.com aqan_bj at sina.com
Thu Sep 7 03:26:46 UTC 2023

 Hi Stalingx Community,
  I'm using the starlingx 8.0. I tried to install gpu-operator v22.9.1 version helm chart but failed with the fllowing error message:
```
========== NVIDIA Software Installer ==========

Starting installation of NVIDIA driver version 525.60.13 for Linux kernel version 5.10.0-6-amd64

Stopping NVIDIA persistence daemon...
Unloading NVIDIA driver kernel modules...
Unmounting NVIDIA driver rootfs...
Checking NVIDIA driver packages...
Updating the package cache...
Resolving Linux kernel version...
Stopping NVIDIA persistence daemon...
Unloading NVIDIA driver kernel modules...
Unmounting NVIDIA driver rootfs...
Could not resolve Linux kernel version
```
and I also tried to install the nvidia dirver manually with the 'sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-525.60.13.run'  but it let me to install gcc. when I tried to install the gcc pacage, i got the error "dpkg: error: unable to access the dpkg database directory /var/lib/dpkg: Read-only file system".

So I want to know if stx8.0 support gpu-operator? and how I can install it sucessfully?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Best regards,Aqan