[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Release Sub-Projects

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Fri Aug 3 23:29:04 UTC 2018

Ghada, thank you for sending out the mail I wanted to send while we were flying through the storms last night.

The intent of the subteams is to make them cross-org, cross-geo and cross-company.  The intent is to also provide clear ownership and responsibility.

We discussed whether things like Zuul test support, Python3 support and similar efforts should treated as separate sub-projects with dedicated teams, or if instead each team should own addressing those issues in their own components.  The clear consensus was that each team should own their own Zuul test content, Python3 compatibility and (of course) bugs.

Intel team - please feel free to start signing up for the team(s) you are interested in.  You can participate in multiple teams if you like, and in fact most of us probably should.

We'll provide more clarity on the team's themselves at the Wednesday project call.  But I'm happy to answer any questions folks have over email too.

The list is here: https://ethercalc.openstack.org/ctjc7vlbphm1.  I have a ToDo to clean up the sub-project part of the wiki, although help from the teams would of course be great. :)

         brucej