[Starlingx-discuss] Using short form SPDX style license headers

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:11:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 12:38 PM, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Has the project got any firm direction on using the full license text vs the
> SPDX "short identifiers" [0] for license headers?
>
> I am not proposing we change things wholesale, I am just looking to
> establish a direction moving forward.  Any new files written would include
> the short identifier [1]. Any modified files could switch to SPDX
> identifiers when edited.  At some point we could do a mass replacement, but
> not recommending that now.

We specifically did adopt the policy for this in the source cleanup
before release.  It was a mostly mechanical change so there may still
be plenty of opportunity for straightening things up a bit.

I'll spend a minute reviewing the internal wiki docs we wrote and
re-organize it a bit to move to the public wiki, there's a good bit
that doesn't apply any longer...

dt

--

Dean Troyer