[Starlingx-discuss] [Mirror]About mvn.repo.tgz

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Tue Aug 7 20:19:37 UTC 2018

Hi Zhipeng!

> I have a question about this tgz.
>
> As we know, we did not need download this mvn.repo.tgz several months
> ago.
> Do you or anyone know the story that why we add it as a part of download
> mirror now.
> It usually take us around 1.5H to download the whole of this mvn folder.

Yes, mvn.repo.tgz (Maven) version won't change and based in another thread related
to API documentation [0] we learned from Ghada this file is use to generate the
StarlingX API documentation.

We are in the process to adopt OpenStack API documentation guidelines to generate
ours so more to come. Let's wait if someone else know if Maven is used in another place,
if not then we can probably remove mvn.repo.tgz

Immediate solution is the next revision of tarball compressed file download process
taking your feedback as input regarding the skip of download if file is present [1]

[0] http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2018-August/000557.html
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/589333/