[Starlingx-discuss] rebuild or upgrade the 9 RPM/sRPM in the 3rd party list

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 8 15:16:22 UTC 2018

On 08/08/2018 07:45 AM, Rowsell, Brent wrote:
> Cindy,
>
> What is the objective of this initiative ?

Brent,

The idea as mentioned in the past is to remove this set of packages that
are coming from non-CentOS repos.  This way we can reduce where we are
finding (or not finding) some set of RPMs and make the build more
consistent.

6 of 9 are python based.

Kubernetes has a proposed fix.

influxdb is the most problematic as it's a binary being served from s3,
yes signed, but it would be better if either it was built during the
build process (short term) or StarlingX project built it (longer term).

Sau!