[Starlingx-discuss] Questions about Provider MTU feature for StarlingX upstreaming

Qin, Kailun kailun.qin at intel.com
Wed Aug 8 16:01:29 UTC 2018

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the explanation. One thing that brings a little confusion is the terminology “provider network”:

·        In StarlingX, the so-called “provider network” is more related w/ physical network, like a superset of “upstream provider networks”, which addresses the values that are currently stored in configuration file parameters only;

·        while in upstream neutron, what distinguishes provider networks from tenant networks is who (admin/user) actually creates them and how.
Just correct me if I’m wrong.

If my understanding is correct, yes, I agree with Ian’s response. We’ll work on removing the Neutron configuration file based approach to MTU management and exposing it via a RESTful API as the benefits are clear to us. Thanks again!

BR,
Kailun