[Starlingx-discuss] CentOS 7.5 upgrade discussion

Martinez Landa, Hayde hayde.martinez.landa at intel.com
Thu Aug 9 15:10:07 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I recently joined Shuicheng on this task,

Here is the patch that shows all the rpm/srpm that must be updated:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/589037/

So far 5 packages have been updated:

bash-4.2.46-30.el7.src.rpm

python-2.7.5-69.el7_5.src.rpm

systemd-219-57.el7.src.rpm

puppet-stdlib-4.18.0-2.el7.src.rpm

openldap-2.4.44-15.el7_5.src.rpm

And this is the process we are following in order to do this (This was written by Shuicheng so we could follow same process):
1.       1.Go to "Source" folder, delete the old src rpm, and download the new src rpm.
2.       2.Find the corresponding patch folder for the srpm package. Then update the “srpm_path” to point to the new package.
3.       3.Create a tmp folder. And extract the new src rpm. Then you will get the source code and spec file.
4.       4.Extract the zip file for source code, and create git for it.
5.       5.Then try to apply the patches in patch folder. If there is conflict, you need manually solve it and update the patch.
6.       6.Create tmp folder (SPEC/SPECS) for spec file. And create git for it.
7.       7.Try to apply the meta_patches. If there is conflict, solve it, and generate new meta_patch.
8.       8.Try to build code, build-srpm should pass if the patch is rebased.
9.       9.Try to upgrade rpm package list to solve the dependency check when build rpm.
10.   10.After success build iso, do basic deploy test, to make sure basic function is not broken.
11.   11.If the deploy pass, summarize the change your made, and generate patch for it.