[Starlingx-discuss] LaunchPad vs Storyboard for bug tracking

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:05:47 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:31 AM, Eslimi, Dariush
<Dariush.Eslimi at windriver.com> wrote:
> So my question is for people who know the history and have more experience using it, Why Openstack is trying to replace this and move to Storyboard? What are the shortcomings for day to day use?

OpenStack's reasons for leaving LP include:
* needing to get to a single authentication authority (LP requires
Ubuntu One accounts) to allow using a DCO rather than ICLA
* limitations on task tracking across projects
* persistent issues with API response and performance

Thierry Carrez's post with more details is at
https://storyboard-blog.io/why-storyboard-for-openstack.html

dt

--

Dean Troyer