[Starlingx-discuss] kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org as a backup rpm source

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Fri Aug 10 17:35:26 UTC 2018

As mentioned on the conference call, fedoras koji can be used as an
alternate source of EPEL rpms that have aged out of the repo. It retains
copies of past build products longer than the repo itself.

In light of recent issues seen by the folks in China, I thought I'd post
some candidate code on how we might exploit this.

     https://review.openstack.org/591022 Use kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org
as a backup rpm source.

Rather than asking folks to manually download missing files, this
attempts to do so automatically.  Files downloaded through this
mechanism would be listed in .../output/centos_(s)rpms_found_K1.txt.
Such downloads should still be investigated, and possibly flagged on
storyboard as requiring upgrade or a new source.