[Starlingx-discuss] [Testing][Performance metrics] Feedback required

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Aug 15 23:27:32 UTC 2018

On 08/15/2018 03:37 PM, Perez, Ricardo O wrote:
> Hello StarlingXers,
>
> We have been thinking in how to measure StarlingX performance, in order to do
> so, we would like to present you an initial proposal in order to get feedback
> and ideas from you guys.
>
> The proposed metrics for StarlingX performance are:
>
>   * Detection of failed VM – tracked on milliseconds

Are we talking the qemu process or intrusive guest monitoring? (Or both?)

>   * Detection of failed compute node – tracked in milliseconds

Different failure modes (power outage, mgmt link failure, critical process
failure) could result in different detection times.

>   * Auto controller node failure recovery - No impact on StarlingX
>   * Network link failure detection – tracked in milliseconds with no major
>     impact on StarlingX

What about network failure beyond the first hop (so we don't lose carrier)?

How about time from dead-office-recovery to instance network connectivity?

Do we want to consider OpenStack performance?

Chris