[Starlingx-discuss] [DOCS] API processing and conversion

Tullis, Michael L michael.l.tullis at intel.com
Mon Aug 20 15:42:31 UTC 2018

Inline answers in green.

-- Mike

From: Waines, Greg [mailto:Greg.Waines at windriver.com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 5:17 AM
To: Tullis, Michael L <michael.l.tullis at intel.com>; starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Cc: Jones, Bruce E <bruce.e.jones at intel.com>; Khalil, Ghada <Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com>; Kinder, David B <david.b.kinder at intel.com>; Jolliffe, Ian <Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com>; Arce Moreno, Abraham <abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com>; Rifenbark, ScottX <scottx.rifenbark at intel.com>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] API processing and conversion

Inlined comments below
Greg.

From: "Tullis, Michael L" <michael.l.tullis at intel.com<mailto:michael.l.tullis at intel.com>>
Date: Friday, August 17, 2018 at 2:20 PM
To: "starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io<mailto:starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>" <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io<mailto:starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>>
Cc: "Jones, Bruce E" <bruce.e.jones at intel.com<mailto:bruce.e.jones at intel.com>>, "Khalil, Ghada" <Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com<mailto:Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com>>, "Kinder, David B" <david.b.kinder at intel.com<mailto:david.b.kinder at intel.com>>, Greg Waines <Greg.Waines at windriver.com<mailto:Greg.Waines at windriver.com>>, "Jolliffe, Ian" <Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com<mailto:Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com>>, "Arce Moreno, Abraham" <abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com<mailto:abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com>>, "Rifenbark, ScottX" <scottx.rifenbark at intel.com<mailto:scottx.rifenbark at intel.com>>
Subject: [DOCS] API processing and conversion

All,

After a few more hours of technical investigation, sample builds, and script writing, Scott and I are convinced that the “new direction” outlined below is the way to go for StarlingX API content conversion into the new OpenStack tooling. For the October release, we are confident (and are now committing) that we can deliver clean reST source for the eight API manuals, building into HTML via Sphinx.
[Greg]

Will this include ?

·        Documentation of all StarlingX-specific REST APIs? ... i.e. formerly the sysinv REST APIs,

·        AND

·        Documentation of “INCREMENTAL” changes to OTHER OpenStack Services' (e.g. Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Glance, ...) REST APIs
for which StarlingX is still carrying NON-UPSTREAMED patches?

Generally speaking, we can generate new API source and new HTML/PDF output for any previously generated APIs that used the old method. Let’s dig into your specific questions in our upcoming doc meeting on Wednesday<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Docs_and_Infra>.

And what will the actual ‘deliverable’ be ?

·        .rst files ?

·        a tarball of PDFs and HTMLs generated from .rst files ?

·        external publishing of HTML pages generated from .rst files on a starlingx.io page ?

o   with option to download the PDF version
( hoping the later )

Yes, the latter.

Greg.

We can provide more details in the upcoming docs meeting.

Thx.

-- Mike and Scott