[Starlingx-discuss] API requests: stx-nfv

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Tue Dec 4 21:25:20 UTC 2018

stx-nfv team,

As a result of time spent within stx-nfv and with the objective to align our
REST API Documentation [0] with our REST APIs, we are kindly requesting your
comments for questions "?" under each section [ Section ] [Sub Section]

Please assume:

- The require X-Auth-Token is in place to authenticate:
  $ curl -i -X POST http://10.10.10.2:5000/v2.0/tokens
  $ export TOKEN=...
- StarlingX is configured as Standard Controller: 2 Controllers, 2 Computes.

[ Project Information ]

When we look at the name and description reported out by
    curl -i http://10.10.10.2:4545/
we have the same name and description between documentation [1] and
information via API Query:

    Name: nfv-vim

  ? Anything to add / change to the name and / or description?

[ /api ]

Here we are showing 3 different views of what we are seeing within stx-nfv
project:

  - Our initial "Migration WADL to RST", see history here [2]
  - What we have documented in our "Current Official API Documentation" pages [0]
  - What the "API Query Output" is actually showing with
    curl -i http://10.10.10.2:4545/api/...

[ /api ] [ Migration WADL to RST ]

FYI Only. Migration from WADL to RST format requested us to move "NFV VIM API v1"
(NFV VIM Service REST API) into stx-nfv repository, see [2] for the history.

[ /api ] [ Current Official API Documentation ]

Current Official API documentation [1] includes the following REST API methods
under "API Versions" details:

  - /
  - /api
  - /api/orchestration
  - /api/orchestration/sw-patch
  - /api/orchestration/sw-upgrade

And the only documented API REST methods documented are:

  - [3] Patch Strategy
  - [4] Upgrade Strategy

  ? Is "orchestration" not expected to be documented even if we have the GET
    method available?

[ /api ] [ API Query Output ]

API queries output shows these API REST methods:

  - api/orchestration
  - api/openstack
    - api/openstack/heat
  - api/virtualised-resources
    - api/virtualised-resources/computes
    - api/virtualised-resources/networks
    - api/virtualised-resources/images
    - api/virtualised-resources/volumes

  ? Our "Current Official API Documentation" does not have "openstack"
    and "virtualised-resources", should they be added?

[ Project Repository ] [ Directory nfv-doc ]

We took a look at the project repository and we found the "nfv-doc" directory [5]
with the following categories:

  - Software Image Management
  - Virtualised Network Resource
  - Virtualised Storage Resource
  - Virtualised Compute Resource

  ? Since we have our "Current Official API Documentation", should we put a patch
    to remove this directory? Any reason to keep it?

[ Project Repository ] [ Directory nfv-tests ]

Looking this nfv-tests [6] it includes 3 categories:

  - nfv_api_tests
  - nfv_scenario_tests
  - nfv_unit_tests

  ? Is there any restructure required in this nfv-tests directory?
  ? Is there any need to think about a general test strategy which includes all
    StarlingX projects moved its execution into another place? e.g. Zuul
  ? Is this directory still valid? If not should we put a patch to remove it?

Thanks for your initial support.

[0] https://docs.starlingx.io/api-ref/stx-nfv
[1] https://docs.starlingx.io/api-ref/stx-nfv/api-ref-nfv-vim-v1.html?expanded=#api-versions
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Developer_Guide/API_Documentation#Analysis