[Starlingx-discuss] [Container] Public docker registry

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Thu Dec 6 17:58:19 UTC 2018

Personally I don't like embedding a predicted release date in the
milestone.  As we've seen they are subject to change.  If the milestone
tag is to live on master branch, I'd prefer using the date the tag is made.

So the 'b#' suffix would be unique to the milestone builds?  I could
live with that.  My main ask is that there be a machine parsable way to
distinguish a milestone tag from a release tag.

The easiest to parse would be a prefix.
<release-prefix><year><month><build-number>
<milestone-prefix><year><month><day-or-build-number-whatever-you-like>

Want to see all release tags ?

    git tag | grep '^<release-prefix>'

Want latest milestone ?

    git tag | grep '^<milestone-prefix>' | sort --unique | tail -n 1