[Starlingx-discuss] [build] [meetings] Build team meeting minutes 12/6/2018

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Mon Dec 10 16:37:00 UTC 2018

Build team meeting 12/6/2018

Attendees
Jason, Scott, Ken, Saul, Victor, Abraham, Marcela, Memo, Chuy, Erich, Mario, Cesar, Felipe

Agenda
- Public static analysis - what is the status
- Bug triage - is there anything urgent?  Are they all staffed?
- Change logs and release notes
- Follow up on ISO for releases and milestones
- StarlingX Docker repository

Notes

Public static analysis - This is on hold, we figure out how to create new jobs and have the tool run them, but the effort today is not being prioritized, but we need this to happen. All critical and high issues are now cleared.

Bug triage - we are currently not triaging build related issues, we will take 10 minutes of each meeting just to make sure that bugs have a person assigned to them and are being take care of.

Change logs and release notes - We have release notes as part of the OpenStack release on the documentation space, what we need to cover y the change log for each ISO file being generated, today we don't have something to track changes on the Cengn space. Intel will share the script being used by internal build to see if it can be applied to Cengn.

Follow up on ISO for releases and milestones - we need to flush out ideas around the retention policies around ISO files created based on special milestones and releases, today we don't have a clear understanding on what it looks like. AR - Ken will propose a timeline on this ad will post proposal to Build team wiki to get feedback from the community. Follow up next meeting, support window for any given release.

StarlingX Docker repository - Scott sent a communication to ML and has not received a lot of feedback, do we need to explore more options? Not for the moment, Scott to follow up with Dean.

Opens -
How do we tag software in Git? AR Dean, Scott and Saul to have a meeting about the tagging of Docker images
Dashboard? Still on the to-do list we need this for the history of builds, correlate those with sanity testing, and some performance metrics.
Signature of RPM files? We need to figure this out.

Regards

Cesar Lara
Software Engineering Manager
OpenSource Technology Center