[Starlingx-discuss] Python2to3 status

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Tue Dec 11 06:49:28 UTC 2018

Ian, Saul,
Per TSC request, here is the Python2to3 work items we are tracking and status:

1.       Repos for flocks with Python code (11 projects)
name

Storyboards

Status

Notes

Stx-config

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003433

WIP

Stx-distcloud

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004585

Todo

New

Stx-distcloud-client

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004586

Todo

New

Stx-fault

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003310

Merged

Stx-gui

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003432

Merged

Stx-ha

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003430

Merged

Stx-integ

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002909

WIP

Stx-metal

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003426

Merged

Stx-nfv

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003427

WIP

Stx-update

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003429

Merged

Stx-upstream

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003428

Merged

2.       For openStack repos: as we are moving to Stein, so the previous planned activities to backport those Python2to3 patches from master are no longer required. Checked with storage team, I am assuming other teams shall be in same situation.

3.       For other OS packages which are with Python code, detail readiness analysis posted here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RT3oJJ5umHXZ_A--sJRpA23qB3LFY-lY. In short, we still found ~73 packages (out of 436) lacking of Python3 transition activities from upstream community. This needs to further worked on and finalize the strategy.

We will discuss in Wed's non-openstack distro weekly call if people still want details. @Austin, feel free to add anything.
Thx. - cindy