[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Feature Prioritization for the next release

Zhao, Forrest forrest.zhao at intel.com
Mon Dec 17 02:30:23 UTC 2018

Hi Brent,

I have several open questions and inputs.

Do you know where we could collect the usages cases of TSN (Time Sensitive Networking)? Are there requirements or gaps to support it in OpenStack upstream? I ask this because we'd like to understand more on the TSN usages cases and potential gaps in the context of 5G and edge computing.

I propose to add SmartNIC in "New Functionality" section. This is because SmartNIC is becoming hot and requested by CSP and Telco customers. The first step is to enable it in OpenStack upstream project (e.g. Nova, Neutron), then to integrate it in StarlingX. Does it make sense to you?

Thanks,
Forrest