[Starlingx-discuss] Questions about patch fd6cfc upstreaming

Qin, Kailun kailun.qin at intel.com
Fri Dec 21 22:51:59 UTC 2018

Hi Allain, Matt,

I discussed this RFE in the Neutron driver meeting last night. It was a heated discussion and took up almost all the meeting time. However, the Neutron driver team thought the delay approach was not reliable and it won't perform predictably in all situations (no perfect setting for every deployment), along with some other concerns. They would prefer ways like purge_queue in rabbitmq/possibly in oslo_messaging (https://www.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmqctl.8.html#purge_queue) OR use a resource queue as the l3-agent does, if we do want the RFE to move forward.

Please kindly see the MM for further details: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/neutron_drivers/2018/neutron_drivers.2018-12-21-14.00.log.html.

What do you think or suggest? Thanks.

BR,
Kailun