[Starlingx-discuss] the install progress information has missing when install computer node , storage node, and new controller node

He, Zhiwei zhiwei.he at intel.com
Thu Dec 27 07:34:02 UTC 2018

Hi Expert;
Issue descript :
===================================================================================================================================
That greetings from intel NPG's  Zhiwei, Now we try to using STX version of "stx-2018-11-13-nova-ibrs.iso", to enable computer node , ceph storage node etc
Has a issue happens with "no any install progress information when the install node ", even install controller node, ceph storage node and computer node etc, fail , just show status is offline,
It seem the install progress information has missing and progress status bar does not show on web page.
Only have install success then will show "availability        | online   "
The issue does not happen in titanium cloud 18.09.

Issue logs:
===================================================================================================================================
[root at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]# system host-show compute-1
+---------------------+--------------------------------------+
| Property            | Value                                |
+---------------------+--------------------------------------+
| action              | none                                 |
| administrative      | locked                               |
| availability        | offline                              |
| bm_ip               | None                                 |
| bm_type             | None                                 |
| bm_username         | None                                 |
| boot_device         | sda                                  |
| capabilities        | {}                                   |
| config_applied      | None                                 |
| config_status       | None                                 |
| config_target       | None                                 |
| console             | ttyS0,115200                         |
| created_at          | 2018-12-27T13:54:56.393550+00:00     |
| hostname            | compute-1                            |
| id                  | 24                                   |
| install_output      | text                                 |
| install_state       | None                                 |
| install_state_info  | None                                 |
| invprovision        | None                                 |
| location            | {}                                   |
| mgmt_ip             | 192.168.204.15                       |
| mgmt_mac            | b4:96:91:0d:ee:0c                    |
| operational         | disabled                             |
| personality         | compute                              |
| reserved            | False                                |
| rootfs_device       | sda                                  |
| serialid            | None                                 |
| software_load       | 18.10                                |
| subfunctions        | compute,lowlatency                   |
| task                |                                      |
| tboot               | false                                |
| ttys_dcd            | None                                 |
| updated_at          | 2018-12-27T13:56:36.260324+00:00     |
| uptime              | 0                                    |
| uuid                | ec03234c-29b6-4df4-b027-f4f51a4ffb85 |
| vim_progress_status | None                                 |