[Starlingx-discuss] Several build failures due to recent code integrations

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:42:52 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 1:27 PM, Cordoba Malibran, Erich
<erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com> wrote:
> This could catch some to the problems, in particular the ones that are
> explicitly set in the srpm_path files.

We should do that then

> However, we still have the problem with the build requirements for every
> package. For example, recently Python was added to be built[0], now the
> src.rpm is needed. The solution here would be just to add python-2.7.5-58.el7.src.rpm
> into the package list. It turns out that (as detailed in another mail thread)
> three more packages (build dependencies) are needed to have a clean
> build of the python package. This is something that we can see until
> build time.

Actually you can get an SRPM's build dependencies and check to see
that they are already accounted for.

As long as we have multiple lists of packages we need to do sanity
checking to ensure they are consistent with each other.  This isn't
going to catch everything of course, but it can catch some things
early when the cycle time is short and not hours to do a build.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com