[Starlingx-discuss] RFC: StarlingX release cadence proposal

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Mon Jul 9 22:46:12 UTC 2018

Fernando, you are my new hero.  This visual of the schedule is awesome and super helpful.  Thank you!

Meanwhile, having heard no objections to the proposal, I'm going to assume that we all agree and that this is our new release plan.  I will update my documents accordingly.

To address your points below:

·         This plan completely replaces the Beta1/2 RC... plan.  I will update the etherpad today.

·         Re: the "4-6 weeks of time to run tests", I was just guessing.  Looking at your awesome table, it looks like we'll have 6 weeks most of the time except in February, where we only get 5 weeks.
Comments

·         I don't know how TC does version numbers.  Someone should find out and make a Story for how we want to change that.
Pending

·         Regarding the N and N-1 branches, I would think that they would expire at the point they become an N-2 branch.  For instance,  the stx.08.2018 branch becomes N-2 once stx.02.2019 is created.

·         Long Term Support is likely going to remain unclear, or at least undecided, for now.   We'll need to get a couple of releases under our belt and lots of test cycles passing before we want to declare anything LTS.

          brucej