[Starlingx-discuss] Proposal to use prefixes in Story Board to ease searches

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Tue Jul 10 22:21:38 UTC 2018

Hello,
With the increased number of active stories in StartlingX, I'd like to propose that we consistently use a set of prefixes to make it easier to search and find work items.

Suggested Prefixes:
[Bug]
       A problem which impairs or prevents the functionality of StarlingX
[Enhancement]
       An improvement or enhancement to the functionality of StartingX
       Typically smaller scope items
[Feature]
       A new feature/functionality to be added to StarlingX
       Ideally, the scope should fit within a release time-frame (ex: 3-6 months)
[Build]
       Build tools, environment, repo organization, etc
[Process]
       Process and project related work items
[Doc]
      Documentation related work items
[Upstreaming]
      Work items that need to be pushed in the core openstack projects

** Others can be added as long as we agree on a manageable set.

Sample Queries:
- Active Features
        https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&project_group_id=86&q=Feature
- Active Bugs
         https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&project_group_id=86&q=Bug

I would also like to explore using worklists for larger project initiatives which would potentially span multiple features/releases.
       Example: [Initiative] Containerized Openstack
       Example: [Initiative] StarlingX Project Re-structuring

Does anyone know how to scope worklists and boards to the StarlingX project group only?

Any feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Ghada

Ghada Khalil, Manager, Titanium Cloud, Wind River
direct 613.270.2273  skype ghada.khalil.ottawa
350 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 200, Kanata, ON K2K 2W5