[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs: package built failed , mock package missing

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Fri Jul 13 00:28:36 UTC 2018

> build-pkgs will by default run in parallel mode.  This means two things, a
> different build order than the serial build, and the possibility that earlier
> packages built in a different mock environment.  It likely works in a serial
> build because an earlier package has a "Require: X" where X is shadow-utils or
> something that depends on shadow-utils.  Since we reuse the mock
> environment rather than clearing it after each package (faster builds), the
> shadow-utils package is available for later packages and might allow then to
> get away with a missing dependency.
>
> The real solution is to add 'Requires: shadow-utils' to the spec file of the
> package that breaks.

In one round of compilation I saw more than 20 packages failing due to this
missing shadow-utils dependency so several changes might be required.

Let me add some other packages are failing due to another missing dependency:
rpm-build.

Only 2 for now so far seen in my setup.

> Adding it via modify-build-cfg was based on the theory (unconfirmed) that
> @buildsys-build macro has been redefined on newer CentOS systems and
> shadow-utils has been dropped from the set of packages that @buildsys-build
> maps to.  It seems like a quicker way to enable folks, rather than adding
> 'Requires: shadow-utils' to potemtially a lot of packages.

Agree! Since we are reusing this mock environment, I am in favor to add via
modify-build-cfg.