[Starlingx-discuss] Adding packages to build .lst files

Penney, Don Don.Penney at windriver.com
Tue Jul 17 19:43:12 UTC 2018

Providing the script in a zip file for anyone who couldn't see the original shell script file attachment.

As a side note: I started following the README in stx-tools to try out the download utility, to hopefully glean a little more info about the LST files on my own. I setup a fresh repo yesterday afternoon, then setup and launched the docker image this morning. The download fails:

done!!
finish 1st round of RPM downloading successfully!
ERROR:  -------RPMs missing 4 in yumdownloader with L1 match ---------------

The failed RPMs are recorded:
$ cat centos_rpms_missing_L1.txt
epel-rpm-macros-7-18.noarch.rpm
python2-rpm-macros-3-18.el7.noarch.rpm
python-rpm-macros-3-18.el7.noarch.rpm
python-srpm-macros-3-18.el7.noarch.rpm

Seems odd to fail on these... so a repoquery to check:

$ repoquery -c StarlingX.repo --quiet epel-rpm-macros python2-rpm-macros python-rpm-macros python-srpm-macros
epel-rpm-macros-0:7-19.noarch
python-rpm-macros-0:3-21.el7.noarch
python-srpm-macros-0:3-21.el7.noarch
python2-rpm-macros-0:3-21.el7.noarch

Yep... versions don't match. So these pkgs have been upversioned in the repos, and the older versions are not maintained in the repos. So the LST files would seem to be quickly out of date.