[Starlingx-discuss] Adding packages to build .lst files

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 00:17:45 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Ponce Castaneda, Guillermo A
<guillermo.a.ponce.castaneda at intel.com> wrote:
> Why is it written in node.js and not in any other language?
> I know how to code on it (more or less) and the Google API was way easier to use
> than python's, the one that I was able to make work on python was for python 2.

Is there any other node in STX? I am not aware of any and would be
reluctant to add yet another platform requirement to this build
system.  I know I'd be reluctant to install node on my laptop just to
run this... it's bad enough the python bits I have to go through to
install OpenStackClient and I wrote the dang thing.

> This script is still far from being perfect but I could move faster if more
> people uses it and gives me feedback, what I have identified as improvement
> opportunities are:
> - It could receive a list of packages instead of a single one.
> - It could look for rpm integrity or at least if the package is signed.

Validating signed packages is an absolute requirement.

> I will add it to the stx-tools repo shortly and see if it goes through.

Posting a review is the right way to share something to get feedback
on it.  Make it clear in the commit message that is your intention,
optionally even set workflow -1 to prevent it from being merged
although sometimes people don't even look at those...

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com