[Starlingx-discuss] on our mirror proposal/milestone

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:50:37 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Scott Little
<scott.little at windriver.com> wrote:
> I'd caution you that the list of 'hard to get' packages is ever changing due
> to both internal and external factors.  Certainly none of the EPEL content
> is safe.
>
> In particular, for StarlingX releases, you'll probably want to snapshot all
> packages that went into the release.

Exactly.  Scott, is there currently a record somewhere in the build
tree or ISO of what was actually used?  I suppose in the ISO we can
just look at the embedded repo, correct?

Related, is there anything currently recorded regarding the
branch/commit of the git repos for a particular build?  What I think
we might want to re-create a specific build might be a re-written repo
manifest (default.xml) that includes tags or commit SHAs...

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com