[Starlingx-discuss] Proposed Bug Story Template

Waheed, Numan Numan.Waheed at windriver.com
Fri Jul 27 15:30:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

In order to fix the defects reported by community members, it is necessary that required information is provided in the defect. If bugs are reported using a template then it becomes easier to gather required information in the story.

Keeping this in mind, I am proposing following template for reporting defects. Please provide your feedback on this template. Once we have general consensus on the template, I can put it on the wiki for general use.

Story Board [Bug] Template
==========================

Title
-----
Appropriate title for the Issue should be given. Use [Bug] prefix to identify it as a defect.
Title should clearly state the defect.
Example: [Bug] Controller swact fails after Backup & Restore

Brief Description
-----------------
Provide a brief description of the issue. Usually, it should not be more than 2 to 3 lines.
Example: After performing a restore of the system, user is unable to swact the controller.

Severity
--------
Provide the severity of the defect.
<Critical: System/Feature is not usable after the defect>
<Major: System/Feature is usable but degraded>
<Minor: System/Feature is usable with minor issue>

Steps to Reproduce
------------------
Write down steps to reproduce the issue

Expected Behavior
------------------
Write down what was expected after taking the steps written above

Actual Behavior
----------------
State what is the actual behavior

Reproducibility
---------------
<Reproducible/Intermittent>
State if the issue is 100% reproducible or intermittent. If it is intermittent, state the frequency of occurrence

System Configuration
--------------------
<Controller + Compute, Controller + Storage + Compute, AIO-Simplex, AIO-Duplex, AIO-Duplex Direct, Extended Security Profile, lvm, ceph, IPv4, IPv6 etc.>

Branch/Pull Time/Commit
Branch and the time when code was pulled or git commit

Timestamp/Logs
Provide a snippet of logs if available and the timestamp when issue was seen. Please indicate the unique identifier in the logs to highlight the problem
Provide the path for product log directory for debugging

Thanks,

[WR logo signiture]<http://www.windriver.com/>

Numan Waheed, Manager, Titanium Cloud Testing, Wind River

Direct: 613.270.5762 * Mobile: 613.793.5476