[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Logo Concepts

James Cole james at openstack.org
Mon Jul 30 20:50:44 UTC 2018

Hello StarlingX Team,

I’m James, a graphic designer with the OpenStack Foundation. We’ve been working on a few logo concepts for StarlingX and wanted to get your thoughts.

There were quite a few possibilities for this, but we narrowed it down three concepts, all with the same overarching theme—using multiple component pieces to create one unifying symbol as a nod to edge network components. The first features an X icon that is partially created using a bird silhouette. The second is also an X, but it is formed in part by a number of small dots. The third uses a bird as the central icon, with a texture created from a photo of a Starling murmuration.

We have not explored color yet since we’re hoping to get your thoughts about form and concept before moving to the smaller details, but feel free to share any ideas on color you think make sense.

I’ve attached a PDF showing all three concepts. It is also available on Dropbox in case you can’t view the attachment. <https://www.dropbox.com/s/iam6gbjd70nhkop/StarlingX_Logo_Concepts.pdf?dl=0>

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

James Cole
Graphic Designer
OpenStack Foundation