[Starlingx-discuss] Directory restructuring

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Thu Jun 21 14:27:57 UTC 2018

The current directory structure leaves a lot to be desired. References
to mwa and cgcs should be removed and the directory structure can be
flattened a bit to reduce path lengths.  I propose to ...

1) Rename the mwa-* subdirectories, making the directory name match the
git name.  e.g. mwa-sparta will be replaced by stx-integ.

2) Strip out the addons/wr-cgcs/layers/cgcs, however replacing it with
'stx-utils' is not very attractive.  I'm thinking something more like
'packages' or 'src'.  Other options welcome.

Can we agree this is a positive step?  Is it the right time to undertake
this change?  Both changes in the same set of updates, or split them?

It will require both a manifest change, and a number of updates to hard
coded paths within various scripts. Grep is my friend, but I might need
a little help identifying scripts not originating from Wind Rivers
original code drop.

I'm a little worried about out of tree or side branch copies of the
manifests.  Thought on how to handle this?

Scott Little