[Starlingx-discuss] Proposal: Basic development guidelines / rules

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:27:02 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Jones, Bruce E
<bruce.e.jones at intel.com> wrote:
> Dean - for larger changes, do you recommend we adopt a spec writing (Blueprint) process?  If so, how would that be done?

We need to do something to review design and implementation.
'blueprint' is a launchpad term that is now overloaded in akraino so
let's not use it.

Some Openstack projects added a spec process, including a specs repo,
to iterate on the design and  implementation and worked that in
Gerrit.  That is not the best forum for some kinds of discussions so
those often got held in Irc or the -dev mailing list.  And some
projects used both specs and blueprints.

This is one area that I think we need to suss out what we actually
want and not just fall back because there is no clear single precedent
to borrow.  At this point a single collection of documents and review
process seems sufficient, we could manage them via Storyboard or
follow the specs repo format.  I don't have a strong opinion there.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com