[Starlingx-discuss] build-pkgs: package built failed , mock package missing

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Fri Jun 29 15:55:40 UTC 2018

I'm not observing this.  Perhaps a change in the @buildsys-build package
group on your system.

More inline below ...

On 18-06-29 10:17 AM, Arce Moreno, Abraham wrote:
> This is the result of a daily build exercise from zero as part of our StarlingX/Developer Guide creation:
>      https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Developer_Guide
>
> One of the things to debug failures during build-pkgs is to find out the failed packages,
> a "fail" file is created under each package directory:
>
>      $ find $MY_WORKSPACE/std/results/ -name fail
>
> Now we choose one packages from our failing list e.g. .../shim-signed-12-1.tis.2/fail
>
> We want to verify the specific build failure for that package but its build.log shows only the Mock Version:
>
>      $ cat $MY_WORKSPACE/std/results/aarcemor-starlingx-tis-r5-pike-std/build-info-1.0-3.tis/build.log
>      Mock Version: 1.3.4
>
> build-srpm-parallel was successful, we are in build-rpms-parallel stage. One error is common to all packages:
>
>      13:37:39 ERROR: Could not find useradd in chroot, maybe the install failed?
>
> And this is reflected also as our exit error when we try to enter the mock shell:
>
>      $ mock -r $MY_BUILD_CFG --shell
[SL] If you are using parallel build, please use the b0 config under the
configs directory ... e.g.

export MY_BUILD_ENVIRONMENT=$USER-$PROJECT-$SRC_BUILD_ENVIRONMENT
export MY_DEBUG_BUILD_CFG_STD=$MY_WORKSPACE/std/configs/${MY_BUILD_ENVIRONMENT}-std/${MY_BUILD_ENVIRONMENT}-std.b0.cfg
mock -r $MY_DEBUG_BUILD_CFG_STD --shell

If you find that shadow-utils is still missing, I'd add it to ...

$MY_REPO/build-tools/modify-build-cfg

grep -q "config_opts\['chroot_setup_cmd'\] = 'install @buildsys-build pigz lbzip2 yumshadow-utils'" $FILE || \
     echo "config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'install @buildsys-build pigz lbzip2 yumshadow-utils'" >> $FILE