[Starlingx-discuss] Instance HA (IHA)

Michel Thebeau michel.thebeau at windriver.com
Mon Nov 5 16:45:13 UTC 2018

Hi Volker,

For context, documents describe Instance HA as "respawn the VM on
another compute when the compute the VM was running on fails". But you
wrote "load-balancer", from what I can tell these are different
subjects.  Do you have a document I can refer to?

===

In so far as I am aware, if you kick a compute node over, the VMs that
were running there will restart on another compute node in the cluster
(assuming another compute can run them).  I actually haven't tested this
on startlingx though.  I'll intend to do that today, now that you've
asked about it.

I know nothing about load-balancing.