[Starlingx-discuss] Analysis of patch 294a63c for StarlingX Upstreaming

Fang, Liang A liang.a.fang at intel.com
Tue Nov 6 08:55:26 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel and Ovidiu

Repo: cinder
Commit: 294a63c821233e3307f142965f366e8eb3d0c1de
Title: Pike Rebase: Fix Cinder memory leak

This patch is to call novaclient's API "set_timings_max_len", to limit the max timing logs, so that the log list will not be to huge. But novaclient(both the upstream version and stx- version) don't contain the API set_timings_max_len, I also cannot find in repo history. It seems this patch may co-worked with some private version of novaclient previously, but not the public version. In fact current novaclient contains an API "reset_timings" which can be called to purge the timing logs. I want to mark this patch as abandoned, do you have any comments?

Regards
Liang