[Starlingx-discuss] Does openstack-helm-infra needs network access to build?

Cordoba Malibran, Erich erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Wed Nov 7 15:25:33 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 22:22 +0800, Hu, Yong wrote:
> Hi AI,
> We do have this update in build-tools.
> The problem was that our build environment is not able to directly
> access Google site without a special http/https proxy.

This means that for anyone (like us) that lives behind a proxy, the
build is broken, unless changes are applied in the mock configuration.

I'm not sure if it's good to require network access to build a package.
This is similar to python code needing to run pip when a rpm is
created, or Golang software using "go get".

If the package needs something extra to be build, then there is hidden
dependency and we need to provide it in a different way.

-Erich