[Starlingx-discuss] [build] Project atomic

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 12:55:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:39 AM Cordoba Malibran, Erich
<erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was just in research mode for building options and I found the Project Atomic[0]
> It seems interesting the way they build that project and the focus on containerization.
>
> There are different flavors of Atomic, CentOS Atomic, Fedora Silverblue[1] (Fedora CoreOS in the near future).
>

> I hope you can find it interesting.

I did find interesting

Actually is pretty interesting how they are part of Fedora as a package :

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/atomic/blob/master/f/atomic.spec

And also supported and build using Fedora infrastructure:

https://lists.projectatomic.io/projectatomic-archives/atomic-devel/2018-October/msg00006.html

Is also interesting how they create a module that defines the package
set required for running a fully featured, module-based Atomic Host

https://src.fedoraproject.org/modules/atomic/tree/master

So they are actaully a sub porject a of Fedora :
https://getfedora.org/en/atomic/ NICE !!

( internally they will use all the existing infrastructure (koji and
distributed git repository ) and tools to build the base of Fedora
Atomic )

Same for CentOS :
https://blog.centos.org/2018/03/centos-atomic-host-7-1802-available-for-download/

Thanks for sharing Erich